Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



We weren't planning to go to Kuala Lumpur, actually. But on our first day in Genting, we were lazy from lack of sleep plus the cool climate makes you want to do nothing. So we decided to take the Genting Skyway to lounge and sit around while taking in the view. Then we realized that KL was a bus and a train ride away, plus Johann, Mike and Aileen haven't been there. So off we went..

The first time I went to KL was on a business trip late last year and I was alone. Honestly, that time, I got bored in KL. So might as well give it another shot now that I have company.


The bus ride was probably a good 40 min ride. Perfect for a power nap. True enough we were all fast asleep, and snoring (or was it just me, haha).

The LRT ride was probably around 15-20 mins. It was very convenient because it brought you straight into KLCC Mall, right under the Petronas Towers. And that's exactly where we wanted to be.





We were lucky that the clouds held up the rain until we could finish our photo session. (As you can see, the rain was really waiting to fall with the dark clouds)



The Petronas Towers are really breathtaking. Even if i've seen it before, I still can't help but be in complete awe. The soaring metal and glass structures are just amazing. Hands-down, one of the best man-made wonders of the modern world.


So we wasted no time in taking turns posing for the camera. Times like these, I'm grateful that Johann and Mike are crazy about photography so they can take magnificent shots with their Nikon D40 & D80 cameras.

According to Wikipedia, The Petronas Twin Towers (also known as the Petronas Towers or Twin Towers), in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia were the world's tallest buildings, before being surpassed by the Taipei 101. However, the towers are still the tallest twin buildings and office building in the world.




All that posing really made us hungry. Thank god I never chose to become a model. hahaha I wish. So we headed off to the Food court at the top level of Suria KLCC Mall.


I was craving for some pasta and was more than happy to gorge on spaghetti and meatballs. This plate was realllyyy good. The white sauce balanced out the sour flavor of the tomato sauce and the rich taste of the meatballs.

Johann found this treasure. Kyros Kebab. Seriously, in all honesty and unbiased judgment, this piece of gem was the best gryo, shawarma, or kebab (or however you want to call it) that I have ever tasted in my whole 27 years of existence. YUMMM!!!!!

You could choose between chicken, lamb or beef but of course beef was the best choice. The beef were like meatball kebabs all stuffed in the bread. We wanted to buy more to bring back to Genting but we were so full after eating that we didn't bother anymore. Now I regret that decision.



It was fun to be able to have lunch and shop around in KL on a whim. We spent most of the afternoon in KL then headed back to Genting before dusk. Next time, we plan to go to KL at night so we could witness the majestic Petronas Towers all lit up.


Now I realized that travelling with companions really spells the difference. As I've said, the last and first time I went to KL, I was bored to death but this time I really had fun.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails