Friday, August 15, 2008

Eva Longoria for Magnum


So I assume by now you've seen the Magnum commercial featuring the uber sexy and unbelievably beautiful Eva Longoria.


Out of all the junkfood in the world, surprisingly, I am not really a fan of ice cream (along with softdrinks). So when I saw this commercial I was just ho-hum about it. To be honest, I don't even remember ever buying magnum ice cream in my whole life. I think Selecta is the Philippine version of Wall's ice cream (if im not mistaken) and I have eaten Cornetto before (their ice cream cone) but not Magnum. I think Magnum is like their high-end version of ice cream.


So last night after dinner, we were carefully contemplating on what to eat for dessert (hehehe). Then like a lightbulb in our heads we said "Hey, why not we try the Eva ice cream?". So off we went marching to the nearest convenient store to get a piece of Magnum. They weren't selling it by piece so we were forced to get the box of 3 (yeah right, forced).

So as we were walking out of the store to open our prized purchase, I looked at the receipt and realized, "WHAT?! $10.90 for 3 freakin' small pieces of ice cream?!! You have got to be kidding me!". So I thought maybe the cashier punched it incorrectly. So we went back inside to check the price at the freezer section and yes it was indeed $10.90.

Then I started to rant about how overpriced the damn ice cream is. I thought, for the price we paid, we could have gotten a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Then while I was rambling and complaining and opening the damn ice cream, I took a bite out of the Magnum...

"Oh my Eva!! It was so damn good!!" The ice cream was verrryyy creamy and the chocolate tasted like real belgian chocolate. Not the usual cheap chocolate coating that looks like chocolate but tastes artificial.

My apologies to Wall's. Next time put a disclaimer on the label like "Taste before you Complain". Hehehe. Thank god we got the 3-piece box, so there's another one lurking in the freezer, waiting to be judged.

2 comments:

dilutedmagnetics said...

We go through a few boxes of this ice cream each week :)

Unknown said...

Love this ice cream!!!! I just don't know why they don't sell it here in the Philippines!

Related Posts with Thumbnails