Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wanted


25-year-old Wes is portrayed as the most nonchalant & boring guy whose boss chews him out hourly, whose girlfriend ignores him routinely and whose life is headed nowhere. Everyone was certain this disengaged slacker would amount to nothing. Until he met a woman named Fox. After his estranged father is murdered, the "foxy" Fox recruits Wes into the Fraternity, a secret society that trains Wes to avenge his dad's death by unlocking his "assassin" talents. As Fox, the leader Sloan and the rest of the assassins teach him how to develop lightning-quick reflexes and phenomenal agility, Wes discovers they live by an ancient, unbreakable code: carry out the death orders given by fate itself. But, slowly, he begins to realize there is more to his dangerous associates than meets the eye. And as he wavers between newfound heroism and vengeance, Wes will come to learn what no one could ever teach him: he alone controls his destiny.





This movie was action-packed all the way! I usually wouldn't go for action movies but this really kept me on my toes throughout most of it. Angelina Jolie is the perfect actress for dominant female roles. Her fierce yet stunning looks and famous pouty lips are enough to get the message across. What I liked about the movie is the fact that the "matrix-like" action sequences came with a story. Whenever I watch a movie, I'm always after the story. I'm not sure though if the morale of the movie is to my preference.


I have always believed in the saying that "the end does not justify the means". It would be great though, to have real life assassins to wipe out the evil souls on the planet. My ex-boss would be the first on the list. That sonovabitch. hehe. But in my opinion, you can't take the law in your hands. No matter how cruel and unfair life is, I leave it up to karma and to God upstairs. Then again, this is a movie. And that's why movies are amazing because they put fantasy to life.

When you watch this movie make sure to keep your ears open. There are several twists and turns that will make you understand the plot of the movie. I admit I got a bit confused towards the end. I was probably too mesmerized with the action or I was just dazed because we caught the midnight showing.

Overall, this is a great movie to boost your adrenaline and keep you in awe. It's been a while since I've seen a movie worth my 10 bucks. For my rating, I give " Wanted" a 4.5/5.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails