Sunday, July 6, 2008

Serenity Restaurant & Bistro, Vivo City

Last night, my parents arrived here in Singapore for a 4-day holiday. Probably to catch the Great Singapore Sale and to pay me a visit. I bet my mom misses me a lot hehe. So this afternoon, I met my parents at the Treasures Resort Hotel in Sentosa where they are staying. I know i'm not doing a review on that hotel but I just have to say their rooms are so damn small (As far as the standard rooms are concerned). It's great though there was a balcony for every room but it's still a rathole. For 200 freakin' dollars a night I don't think it's well worth it. My rented room is even bigger. Anyway, back to my food review hehe...


After an afternoon of shopping at Vivo City, we decided to go for a snack. My Stepdad, Bob, also needed a cigarette break and a cup of coffee. Eversince I started this food blog, it always excites me to visit and review a new resto hehe.

My mom ordered "Pollo del Miele" ($9) - Honey-glazed ginger chicken wings with sweet & sour mustard seed salsa. Nothing special to be honest. Now that I'm typing this blog I just realized they were supposed to be honey-glazed gingery but I didn't taste a hint of ginger. Not bad but not good. So-so. The chicken wings in the hawkers are way better.



Both Bob & I ordered the "Hoi Sin Chicken Quesadillas" ($12) - Hoi Sin roasted julienne chicken with capsicum, onions and mozarella, baked between tortillas. Since I'm such a sucker for mexican food, I think this was really good. The tortilla was perfectly crisp and chewy. The chicken stuffing was just right, not too much not too little. Yum yum. Although, the side salad was just plain greens. No dressing or even a squeeze of lemon or a drop of vinaigrette. I'm not sure if they forgot to put the dressing or its really like that. The salsa was a bit too sweet as well. I prefer a more tangy spicy salsa since that's what salsa is supposed to taste like.

I don't want to be too harsh since we only had a snack and not really a full course. Ambiance was, of course, very nice as the resto was at the overlooking side of Vivo. Since we were seated at the balcony area outside, calling the waiters was a bit tough since most of them were always inside even though it was an odd hour and the resto was not fully occupied.

Here is my rating for Serenity -

Ambiance - 4.5
Service - 3.5
Food - 3.5
Presentation - 3.5
Value for Money - 4
OVERALL - 3.8

ADDRESS
#01-98/99, 1 HarbourFront Walk, VivoCity
Singapore 98585
RESERVATIONS
63768185
"Live, Love & Eat!"

1 comment:

Phuket Hotels Thailand said...

Thanks so much for this informative post...hope that you and your parent enjoy with your meal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails