Saturday, January 10, 2009

Thai Express, Raffles City


Finally, I was able to go back to Thai Express to feature them in my blog. Last New Year's eve, we wanted to eat somewhere special yet tried and tested. And what better way to welcome the new year but with an explosion of flavours and spices that is Thai Express!


We were lucky that they had a special "Celebration Menu" on that day. Too bad though that they didn't accept any discounts from credit cards since it was the eve of a holiday.

For starters, we had "Nongkai Ma Nao" (S$7.90) - crispy drumlettes with lemon sauce.

This was divine! I never knew I could describe chicken wings as such, haha. They were perfectly crisp on the outside but tender and juicy in the inside. Parang tender juicy hotdog lang hehehe.

I had the "Woon Sen Kaeng Jeut Luk Ngaw" (S$10.90) - chicken tang hoon balls in soup with glass noodles. Wow! that was a mouthful for a name of a dish. Nevertheless, the dish itself was truly mouth-watering! (figuratively and literally hehe).


I've never seen anything like the chicken tang hoon balls. If you look closely, the balls had noodles inside as well. I was actually feeling bloated that day (whats new) so this light yet filling noodle soup dish was peerrfffeecctt!


Zach had the "Pad Thai Neua" (S$11.90) - thai stir-fried beef kawy teow. As you all know, pad thai is a thai-classic-must-try dish. This was also really good! The serving looks small in the picture (sorry wrong angle) but it was really good enough for 2 (small) people.

I like the interiors of Thai Express in Raffles City the best. Casual yet somewhat-elegant dining.


2 happy campers indeed! :-)

So now I can finally say that Thai Express is my ultimate favorite bestest Thai Restaurant in Singapore! Lerk Thai & Siam Kitchen move aside!

Here is my rating for Thai Express-

Ambiance - 4
Service - 4.5
Food - 5
Presentation - 4
Value for Money - 4.5
OVERALL - 4.4

252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-13 Singapore 179103
Tel-68831490

"Live, Love & Eat!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails