Sunday, January 18, 2009

Changeling


A mother prays for the return of her kidnapped son. When her prayers are answered, however, she begins to suspect the boy who comes back is not her child. Inspired by true events that took place in Los Angeles in the 1920s.
(http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809945088/info)



Now this is what I call a movie. I liked this much better than "Milk", actually. Both movies are from real-life stories but I find this one more engaging and riveting, all 2.5 hours of it.

I really find it appalling that as far back as the 20's, police brutality was so much abound. And puhlease, give me a break, how stupid can the police get?! How can they expect to fool a mother with a "fake"son?! Even the dumbest of dumb moms would know who their son or daughter is, for crying out loud. Nevertheless, I think that's the exact reason why I found the movie really interesting. You can't wait to find out how the story ends, how the kid went kaput, is the kid still alive, and so on and so forth.

I truly recommend this movie. The clincher, though depressing, is unexpected. I usually don't enjoy movies set in the "olden days" but this is a true exception. Anyway, I'm really amazed at how other people have different views and tastes in movies, I can't believe some movie critics on yahoo movies gave this movie a "C".

My rating for Changeling is 4.5/5.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails