Friday, December 5, 2008

Updates

I'm so happy to be able to blog again. I have been veeeerrrryyyyy busy these past few weeks/months and I can't believe I've only posted 6 entries in my blog last month. =)


Anyway, pardon me if I have to mention it here but I am just extremely proud to say that I just got promoted to a managerial position. Yeeeeyyyyy!! :-)

Living here in Singapore for almost 2 years now has not been a walk in the park. For someone like me who doesn't have a stellar school transcript and solid work experience (translation - I had a lot of failing marks in university plus I jobhopped in the Philippines), it is really both a surprise and an honour to have been given the chance to work here in Singapore.

I guess it goes to show that it is never too late to right a wrong. The trials, hardships (that includes money problems), and psychological torture (and even verbal torture/abuse from my boss with my 2nd company) I had to go through these past years were all made worth it because of this promotion.

I know I have a lot more to go and a lot more to learn but hey, at least I know now that I am finally headed somewhere with my career. I guess this is God's way of telling me to drop my hopes of becoming the next singing sensation and just concentrate on my work, hahaha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails