Saturday, December 27, 2008

Fish & Co., Paragon Orchard

I haven't been very diligent in updating my blog so I think it's high time to catch up on blog lags.

Last Dec.13, the last weekend before I went to the Philippines, I went Xmas shopping with Aileen & Bill. Fish & Co. in Paragon is where we had dinner.

Aileen & Bill upsized their order to set meal so it comes with soup and a drink. If I remember it correctly, the soup was Clam Chowder. Very good and very rich actually.

Aileen ordered "Prawns Fettuccini with chili cream" (S$15.90) - fettuccini tossed with tiger prawns in homemade chili cream sauce. Serving was quite big so we all shared this dish. Bill found the noodles a bit overcooked. Overall, I think it was really good though. The mixture of cream and chili was very savoury.


Bill ordered "Seafood Platter for Two" (S$45.90) - platter of seasonal fish, calamari, king prawns & scallops in creamy garlic and lemon butter sauce. Now this platter was humongous! It was more like a platter for 4, than for 2. The seafood actually lay on a bed of rice pilaf and though quite expensive, it was worth it.


Naturally, since this is the first time I feature Fish & Co in my blog, I had the "The Best Fish & Chips in Town!" (S$15.90) - a fish & co. classic! fried, topped with lemon butter sauce & served with chips.

I wouldn't say it's the best fish & chips I've ever tasted. I particulary don't like their breading. I would prefer breadcrumbs than a batter. Nonetheless, it was ok.

Here is my rating for Fish & Co:

Ambiance - 4.0
Service - 4.5
Food - 4.5
Presentation - 4.5
Value for Money - 3.5
OVERALL - 4.2

Fish & Co. Paragon
290 Orchard Rd
#B1-35/36 Paragon S (238859)
Tel: 6733 0938

"Live, Love & Eat!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails