Monday, September 29, 2008

Spize Supper Club/Spize Mediterranean Grill, Simpang Bedok

It's been soooo busy at work I haven't had the chance to blog these past days... So I'm very glad to be back...

I already gave a food review of this place and in fact, they garnered the highest rating to date. If you haven't read that, please click here.

I've actually been to Spize in Simpang Bedok for the past 3 Fridays eversince the first time I blogged about them. And I noticed something very unfortunate which compelled me to do a second review.

If you remember, in my first review of "Spize", I was all praises about them. Excellent food & great service. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case on our 2nd and 3rd visit. This last friday was a total disappointment. The service was terrible, if not pathetic, and the food was so-so. I waited for a full hour for my lasagne, only to find out that there was no more stock. In short, I was waiting for nothing. No one even bothered to inform us until we asked for the check and wanted to cancel the lasagne.

Anyway, here is what we ordered... More ranting later...

Zach ordered "Grilled Mushroom & Cheese Burger" ($6.50)- described as "beef pattie chargrilled and top with sauteed black pepper mushrooms, tangy BBQ, and melted down with cheese, served with fries".

I have a feeling they probably cut and paste that description from somewhere. Someone should really edit their menus. Anyway, the burger was dry and the bread tasted so commercial. No where did I taste the "grilled" mushrooms.

I ordered "Bangers & Mash" ($9.90) - A mix of grilled beef and chicken sausages served on mashed potatoes with gravy, topped with sauteed onions. Strictly for sausage lovers only! - as they claim.

This order probably took a good 30-40 mins. Even worse, it wasn't good. The sausages were dry and dehydrated. As if they left it too long in the microwave. But at least the gravy was good.

Therefore, I was pissed. Pissed enough to make a second review and take back my highest rating of the place. Zach said they probably gave us excellent service the first time we were there because the owner probably saw me snapping pics of the place. I admit though that a lot of their food is good. My mood probably took over my taste buds that night.

Nevertheless, the damage has been done. Here is my revised rating for Spize-

Ambiance - 3.5 (same as before, to be fair)
Service - 1.0
Food - 2.0
Presentation - 3.0
Value for Money - 2.5
AVERAGE OVERALL SCORE - 3.51
(Average of previous overall score of 4.62 and current overall score of 2.4)

"Live, Love & Eat!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails