Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pepper Lunch Express, Raffles City


Most, if not all, of the food bloggers in Manila have featured Pepper Lunch at least once in their blogs. So of course, I had to finally see for myself what the craze is all about.

We were actually supposed to eat at Thai Express but the freaking queue was so long. So we just headed up to the food court at Raffles City. And just my luck because they had Pepper Lunch Express.


I learned that Pepper Lunch has over 200 branches in Japan so they must be serving really good food to keep up with the demand.

Anyway, the mock-up food on display was enticing, it really made me salivate (I once saw on TV how they made these "fake" foods and if i'm not mistaken, they are made mainly of wax, glues and different kinds of plastic). Since this is the "express" version, the choices, serving and price is also downsized.

So I decided to go for the Cube Steak & Hamburger Combo ($7.90), so I can taste both the steak and the Hamburger.

I was really excited to mix and cook my own pepper lunch meal. I believe the best selling-point of Pepper Lunch is they give you the DIY feel of cooking your own food. And boy was I excited to prepare mine.

I took both the honey brown sauce and the garlic soy sauce so I can compare which one is better, and I agree with a lot of bloggers that the honey brown sauce is indeed yummier.

Grilling the meat in the sizzling hot plate and sauteeing your food while drizzling your choice of sauce really adds up to the pepper lunch experience. But seriously, in terms of taste, the beef and hamburger just tasted like, well, normal beef and hamburger. It's really the sauce that spells the difference.

So I'd say not bad. But I don't think I'd be crazy about it. :-)

Here is my rating for Pepper Lunch Express:

Ambiance - NA
Service - NA
Food - 3.0
Presentation - 3.5
Value for Money - 3.0
OVERALL - 3.17

252 North Bridge Road
#03-15/16/17
Raffles City Shopping Centre
Singapore 179103

"Live, Love & Eat!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails