Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Poulet, Amazing French Roast Chicken

Poulet is another recent hit among foodies like me. They claim to have amazing french roast chicken. And I have to agree. The first time I tasted their tender chicken with the mushroom chardonnay sauce, I was in heaven. Hahaha.


I have been to Poulet twice so far, first at Vivo (near my office with Iris my colleague) then at Raffles City (with my twin brother when he was here for the holidays, and Alfian).


L-R: My twin Johann, Myself and Alfian


The french onion soup was not bad but I it would have been better with the "melted cheese on bread" on top.


We had these fried shrimp thingies for appetizer which was not bad but you could do without actually. We just wanted to sample as much as we can from the menu haha.


We also had the Oxtail De Bourguignon - pressure-cooked Oxtail in Red Wine Sauce with Carrots and Onions. Very tender, tasty and flavourful. Yum yum and yum! Haha. The serving was also quite big that we got to share and have a few bites each.


The star of the show is of course the french roast chicken. Very good if you ask me. In fact, I posted on Instagram that it's probably one of the best roast chickens I have ever tasted. Unfortunately, Alfian didn't like it as much as I did haha. Thing is he is not a fan of creamy stuff (e.g. Pasta Carbonara, etc) so although he found it good he wasn't as excited as me haha. You could have another type of sauce if you didn't like the mushroom chardonnay sauce - cranberry sauce with double mustard (which I have yet to try).



We had the Tiramisu which came in a cute jar. Not bad as well. Serving was very big that 4 people could actually share this.


Creme brulee was also very good. We were actually surprised with the serving size of their desserts for the price point. Good value for money indeed. I hope it doesn't get smaller though one day.


Finally (haha), we had the banana bread pudding which again was very big in serving. My least favorite out of the 3 desserts we tried but not bad just the same.

Click here to go to Poulet's website for the menu, locations and contact details. Unfortunately, their website doesn't list the prices and I'm sorry I also forgot the exact prices for the dishes. However, expect to pay at least S$20 per person or more if you're having starters and desserts. I learned that the company that owns Poulet also owns Thai Express, Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, and other famous food places.

Live, Love and Eat! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails