Tuesday, January 14, 2014

NamNam Noodle Bar

I have a looottttt of food blog backlog haha so let me try and get them out of the way. Let's start off with a relatively new noodle place here in Singapore which I oh so love.



I have been to NamNam Noodle Bar twice so far and I couldn't get enough of it. In fact, I would love to go more often but the place is always packed. Seriously, there is always a queue.


When I was in Saigon in Vietnam a few years ago, I love love loved the food. It was fresh, dirt cheap and was in every street corner. In fact, you literally eat on the street. Most vendors would set up makeshift eateries on the street with their pushcart and some seating.


We had the Fresh Southern Rolls with sweet shrimps, egg and fresh herbs (S$4.90) for appetizer. Light and refreshing. Perfect to warm up and prepare your taste buds haha.


I had the Dry Stewed Beef Noodle (S$8.90) which was very very good. I like that the price point of their menu is not so expensive. Of course it is much more expensive that Saigon but come on, anything that is less than S$10 here in Singapore when eating out is considered cheap, at least in my opinion.


Alfian had the Pho Beef Balls (S$8.90). This was also refreshing with a clean beefy taste. When I was in Vietnam, I learned that Pho is actually not pronounced as "Foh" but rather as "Fuh" :-).


The second time I was in NamNam I had to try the Banh Mi for a change. I had the Caramelised 5-spice Pork Belly with Pork Pate (S$5.90). I LOVE their bread! The baguette is so fresh, crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside. I would come back just for the bread haha. The pork belly banh mi is good but I found it a bit too porky after a few bites haha. Or maybe because I don't eat pork that much anymore. Nevertheless, I have yet to try the other Banh Mi varieties.

You can click here to go to NamNam's website for the full menu, locations and contact details. So far, they have Raffles City, Wheelock Place and Suntec branches.

Live, Love and Eat! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails