Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jurong Bird Park, Singapore

Thanks to my insistent prodding, we were finally able to go to Jurong Bird Park yesterday despite the uber rainy weather. No project chocolate review for this week for the meantime, else I want to get diabetes and go bankrupt at the same time haha.


Opened in 1971, Jurong Bird Park is the largest bird park in the world, offering a 20.2-hectare hillside haven for 4,600 birds representing 380 species. We had a quick lunch at Jurong Point Mall (whose basement foodcourt I love) then reached Jurong Bird Park around 2pm. It rained briefly as soon as we arrived and right before we were leaving at 6pm, so much thanks to the Giordano umbrella we got at the mall. We got the $23 tickets which included the admission and panorail ride (pay with OCBC credit card for 5% discount). You can actually do away with the panorail since the park isn't that big but it was also good to see the view from the top.


Love the pink Flamingos


If I were a bird, I would probably be this fat bird hehehe


I bet you didn't know that! (same way I didn't haha)


Panorail 


I forgot the name of these birds but I love their vibrant red color! Looks spray-painted! hehe


I am so going to have a bathroom like this in my dream home


Love the Lory Loft Aviary




The damn bird bit me when I was trying to feed it! Arrgghh! I screamed shrieked so loud I thought my finger fell off with the pain haha. The bird probably thought they were chicken fingers haha.



"Bush Toilet" - ugghh gross haha. Imagine piling your shit on top of someone else's shit haha.


Longganiza-like curtains 


World's tallest man-made waterfall. Singapore sure has a penchant for everything first in the world.



Breath-taking!




Err I think I'm too fat and white to be a tribal member haha




Ostrich


Skeleton of an Elephant Bird


I had fun I must say! Be prepared to do a lot of walking though as we were walking for close to 4 hours despite taking the panorail. I love the walk-in attractions - Bird Discovery Centre, African Waterfall Aviary, Lory Loft Aviary, Southeast Asian Birds Aviary and the award-winning African Wetlands. Would you believe I used my trusty Iphone for all the pics above!! Not bad eh!! (I forgot my digicam haha)

Again, it makes me feel sad that the Philippines couldn't come up with something like this given the multitude of rainforests and animals in my country. Sigh. Singapore is really top-notch when it comes to raking in the tourists with their attractions. Next, I'm looking forward to visiting the new boardwalk going to Sentosa. Till the next destination! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails