Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fitness Blog #8


GUILTY. GUILTY AS CHARGED. My attempt to fitness has become my journey to fatness. I AM GUILTY BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT. Even more guilty than Hubert Webb. Haha kidding, that was totally out of line and irrelevant.

I have been trying to avoid this topic in my blog for the longest time and realized it's been almost 2 years since the last fitness update. I've been tempted so many times to take out this section of the blog as I know a lot of people are thinking I'm such a hyprocrite to think I could blog about food and fitness at the same time, with no progress on the fitness part at all. Then again, this is my blog after all so if you don't like it then don't read it. Hahaha. No seriously, despite all the food I've been stuffing in my face I do exert some effort to balance out all those calories, believe it or not. I mean at least I'm trying right? RIGHT?! Hehehe.


Anyway, the past few months have really been a struggle in terms of my health. A few months before I turned 30, I had a bout with gout, back pain and high blood pressure. Not surprisingly. I have gained back all the weight I lost (READ: 24.7kg) when I was such a devoted gym goer just a few years ago.


I even had a blood test to have my uric acid levels checked. Mine was a 7.4 mg/dL which is slightly above the normal range of 3.4-7.0 mg/dL. Sure enough this slight elevation was causing the gout attack. I'm lucky though my foot didn't swell up noticeably. I just had a slight sore on my foot as compared to my brother who got hospitalised. We really are twins. I had the gout attack a few months after he had his. Strange because Johann lives in Manila while I'm here in Singapore but we still succumbed to the same sickness. Though obviously we do enjoy the same type of food which most likely explains it. Twins indeed!
Anyway, as I mentioned in a previous post, I signed up at Fitness First in Paragon. Still perpetually trying to fight the battle of the bulge. Ugh!

BBUUUUTTT!!! Good news! Since I started in October I am glad to say that my gout, back pain and high blood pressure is gone!! I haven't lost a considerable amount of weight yet (I think only 3kg so far) but I'm so happy those symptoms are gone, at least for now...


I signed up for this program at FF called Bodyfirst where if you have at least 8 gym visits per month for 3 consecutive months you get a $120 dollar rebate on your 4th month. Not bad eh? And I did it!! Yeeebbbaaa!!

So there. Haiz, so damn hard to lose this weight. And even more harder to motivate my lazy ass to the gym. Lately, been enjoying the treadmill. I can stay on the damn thing for 75 mins now. Slowly but surely! Good luck to me! (As always).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails