Monday, January 24, 2011

Sapporo Petit Doughnut, Takashimaya


I've googled the net in vain to no avail. I can't seem to find the origins of this stall in Takashimaya (which replaced my all-time favorite Auntie Anne's).  Now I don't know about you, but to me the brand name is a bit very confusing... Is it Japanese (Sapporo - 5th largest city in Japan)?? Or French (Petit is french for Petite)?? Or English (Doughnut - English spelling of Donut)??


As per standard Singaporean behaviour (no pun intended), there was a long queue at the stall (which reminds me of the newest bubble/milk tea craze "Koi" that supposedly takes you hours to get a drink). So here I am being "kiasu" and all, I wanted to try it out.


Quite expensive for terribly tiny donuts I must say - $4.80 for 8 mini donuts. I think we got to try custard, red bean (or what tasted like red bean) and chocolate.


Well, nothing special. Tasted like normal pancake shaped like a mini donut but drier. Surprisingly, we didn't even get to finish the 8 teeny weeny donuts. Interesting though how they cooked the mini donuts, looks like the healthier version.

The mini donuts that I know of when I was a kid in Manila (see pic below) were the type that were swimming in oil then drenched with sugar and flavouring. Yuuuummmmyyy!! hehehe.

2 comments:

Carlo said...

I was disappointed nung nakita kong wala na ang Auntie Anne's tapos ang haba ng pila, nothing special naman pala. Hehe.

Shan Abellaneda said...

korek ka dyan! di ka-aya aya yang sapporo na yan hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails