Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sakuraya, West Coast Plaza



Today, I attended my last meeting with our client - Ministry of Education. I was really flattered as they graciously hosted lunch for me, my boss and my colleague (who will replace me) when they found out that today was the last day we were going to see each other (though of course we informed them a month ago that I was leaving).

We went to this japanese restaurant, Sakuraya, in West Coast Plaza. It's funny because before we left the office, my boss told our 'higher' boss that MOE was going to treat us for my farewell lunch and I heard them say that we should be the ones to pay and not them. And I was thinking, good thing they realized that because they were the ones who gave us this project after all. But what do you know, as expected, when the bill came my boss never offered to pay for the bill. What a shame.


Anyway, I ordered "Chirashi Don" $14 (see above picture) - a mix of salmon and fish sashimi on top of japanese rice. MOE ordered a wide array of japanese food for everyone to share and my favorite was the octopus sashimi. Too bad I didn't have my digicam then. Food was pretty good but based on my quick glance of the menu the prices were a bit more expensive than other usual japanese restos (I think). Although, I'm not sure if the food is better than my all-time favorite Kuishin-Bo.

It was a good albeit definitely challenging 2+ years of managing this project. 1 more week to go with this company then I'm facing new challenges with my new company come 2nd August. I'm excited yet anxious at the same time but I think I'm looking forward more to working in Orchard road again - back to civilization :)

No rating for Sakuraya since I didn't pay haha. Thanks MOE!



Fishmart SAKURAYA West Coast Plaza
154 West Coast Road
#B1-50/51/52
West Coast Plaza
Singapore 127371
+6567736973
Business Hours - 10:30am - 10:00pm
(they also have branches in Anchorpoint & Parkway Parade)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails