Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chloe


A remake of 2003 French thriller "Nathalie..." with Emmanuelle Beart, Atom Egoyan's "Chloe" is a suspenseful story of love and betrayal. When Catherine (Julianne Moore), a successful doctor, begins to question the fidelity of her lecturer husband David (Liam Neeson), she sets out to resolve her suspicions with the help of an alluring young prostitute, Chloe (Amanda Seyfried). Soon caught in a web of sexual desire, Catherine finds herself on a journey that places her family in great danger. (http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Chloe/movie/15603/)

First, don't worry, there are no spoilers in this review :) I can tell that this movie won't be as widely popular or raved about compared to other movies but I definitely recommend it to couples, whether married or not, or even to single people who look forward to being in a relationship. Plus, the girl-on-girl scene (as shown in the trailer) is definitely something a lot of male viewers would want to see haha.

I love the subtle yet engaging approach of the movie. I'm sure I've mentioned before in this blog that I really go more for the storyline over death-defying stunts, matrix-like effects and what have you.


I honestly believe that TRUST is such a vital component in a relationship. I don't know about you but I seriously don't believe in nosing around your partner's personal and private property (i.e. reading/spying on their sms messages, asking for their email or Facebook login password, etc). I'm sure some of you will say that there's nothing wrong about it especially if you've got nothing to hide, BUT I still firmly believe that we are entitled to (at least some sort of) our own privacy. I mean if you're at the point where you have to snoop around your partner's stuff then that just means you don't trust the person anymore. Am i right or am I right? :P Confront your partner and communicate rather than spy and speculate (hey that rhymes!! haha).

There's a shocking twist towards the end of the movie that was totally unexpected so go see it! But I think the ending could have been better. It's like they couldn't top the previous twist that they just decided to end it like that.

Nevertheless, it was a good watch. My rating is 4.0/5.0

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails