Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Westin Singapore Hotel


It was mixed feelings quitting my job at SAP as the company is really good and the benefits were great. Imagine, in my 6 months stay with the company I got to travel to the USA twice, Kuala Lumpur and Manila. Unfortunately, I really didn't like the job. I guess it's true that no matter how much you get paid or how good the company is, it all boils down to job satisfaction. I was also lucky that SAP didn't have a training bond for all the money they spent on me for the overseas trainings #sorrynotsorry hehe. Anyway, that was that.


A few days after I quit was Valentine's weekend. Great time to relax and ponder about my life at the Westin haha. I got to book this because I had a free night on hotels.com. They have this ongoing loyalty program where after you book 10 hotel nights, you get one night free. However, the value of that free night is the average cost of the 10 hotel nights you booked. Fair enough I guess. So technically it wasn't really free as I had to top up the cost difference since Westin is quite expensive. Not bad though as I don't think I could have stayed at the Westin if not for the "free night".


We were a little disappointed with the service upon check-in. They made us wait almost an hour and said they would call once the room was ready but never did. There was also some slight misunderstanding about the bed type but anyway I don't want to dwell on it anymore. I didn't want to spoil our weekend and they gave us late checkout the next day anyway. I did however feedback our experience through the survey upon checkout but never heard from anyone from Westin. Oh well.




The hotel is very nice as it is one of the newer hotels in Singapore. The lobby is on the 32nd floor of the Asia Square Tower 2. The infinity pool is also really nice and not as crowded as Marina Bay Sands, however the view at MBS is much better of course.


You get free internet access by signing up as a member on SPG.com (Starwood Preferred Guest). That was neat as I really feel that at this day and age, ALL hotels should give FREE internet access. If Starbucks and McDonalds can do it, I don't see why hotels can't do it.


The room was very nice and the bed was heavenly. Seriously the best bed I have ever slept on out of all the hotels I have been to! I think Westin hotels are really known for their immaculate beds. I can sleep on this forever haha.




Apart from the bed, the bathroom was also amazing. Look at that view from the bathtub!! Spectacular view at day or at night!









We were lucky we had the entire pool to ourselves for the most part we were there. The water was super cold though (just like MBS) so you couldn't really stay in there for too long.



The view wasn't very nice as it faced the ships and the sea.


Upon checkout, we chanced upon local actor Chua En Lai. He is quite famous here and I recognize him from the comedy show "The Noose". He was very friendly and accomodating.

So that's Westin! If budget permits, I will definitely come back just for the hotel and the bathtub! :-)

The Westin Singapore Hotel
12 Marina View, Asia Square Hotel Tower 2
Singapore 018961
Tel No# +65 6922 6888

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails