Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Boston, Massachusetts USA


In end-September 2014, I had the chance to travel to Boston, Massachusetts for the first time. Again, this was for training purposes as well. I actually previously worked for SAP. That company has loads of money. We went to Boston just to attend 2 days of training so I was in the US for a total of only 4 days. Upon arrival in the USA, the immigration officer joked and said "can't your company just give you a piece of paper or something for training?" hahaha.


Our trip was exhausting as we had 2 stops. First stop in Tokyo then another in Detroit. I think we travelled for like 24-25 hours per way. My colleague was so picky and chose to stay at another hotel because the Hampton Inn that I chose (which was in Cambridge) was only 3 stars. He wanted a 4-star hotel. Goodness, we aren't managers so I don't know why he was so choosy. There was a conference or something in Boston and hotels were so expensive. My 3-star hotel was actually for USD250 per night, If I remember correctly.

Anyway, I'm glad I chose this hotel because first of all, It didn't feel like 3 stars (more like 4 stars as seen in above photo). Plus, it was walking distance to Cambridgeside Galleria. Lastly, I really wanted my colleague off my back as our previous trip to San Fran he used my credit card for his shopping and Alfian had to give him his old luggage because my colleague didn't bring any. What a pain in the bum.


So I just rested a bit and refreshed at the hotel then headed straight to the CambridgeSide Galleria.


Bath and Body works is the main reason why I chose my hotel hahaha. I stocked up a bit to reserve for gifts on Christmas.


There was also a Cheesecake Factory at the mall which also made me very happy haha. Good thing they were open til late so I had a late dinner after shopping.


The next morning, I really enjoyed the hotel buffet. It was simple and not much variety but I loved that they had a waffle maker. I made sure to have this everyday haha.


The hotel was also right across the train station so that was another plus. For a few days I felt like a local walking to the train station in the morning and commuting to work. That was surely a memorable experience.


This was our office in downtown Boston. I really liked Boston actually. Clean, modern and nicely-manicured streets.


Right after training, we headed to Quincy Market. My red umbrella and my big tummy as shown above haha.



Of course I had to try the famous Boston Clam Chowder. It was good but honestly tastes like any other clam chowder.


I also got to see the iPhone6 and iPhone6 plus at the mall as it was newly released that time.


The front of my hotel. I took this pic on my second day of training on the way to the train station.


Luckily, we chanced upon this huge supermarket called Star Market. I can't emphasize enough how much I LOOOVVVEEEE the supermarkets in the USA haha. You can leave me here for half a day and I won't get bored hahaha.


On our way back to Singapore, we had a meal again at the Narita aiport. I miss my daily meal allowance at SAP haha. The perks of working for such huge multinationals.


And back to regular programming in Singapore. Thank you Alfian for picking me up! A day before I left Boston until I reached Singapore, I developed a really bad case of allergy. I had rashes and spots all over my body (except my face luckily) and it was so damn itchy. The doctor said it could have been the seafood I ate in Boston but I'm not sure if that was the trigger as I was never allergic to seafood. I'm guessing it was the fatigue from the trip and change of timezone & weather which lowered my immune system thus developing the allergy. It was so bad I had to get a shot on my ass and loaded up on medicine. Good thing that cured it.

Nevertheless, that will not stop me from travelling hehe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails