Saturday, April 25, 2009

Taken


Bryan (Liam Neeson), a former secret agent living in the US, reluctantly lets his 17-year-old daughter Kim (Maggie Grace, "Lost") go on holiday to Paris with a friend. Upon arrival in Paris, the two girls meet a seemingly nice young man who turns out to be a member of an Albanian crime syndicate, promptly kidnapping and forcing them into prostitution. Bryan must rely on his old skills in order to rescue his daughter from the slave trade.
(http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Taken/movie/15136/)



"I will find you, I will kill you" - I love this line in the movie! Yes, the movie was very predictable but still I was on the edge of my seat rooting for Byran (Liam Neeson) to find his daughter and kill the goddamn bastards. I think I've already mentioned before that I'm not so much into action movies but this is truly an exception. To me, it was sort of like Mission Impossible meets modern MacGyver-ish kind of movie (remember this classic TV series? God I feel so old, haha).

I also love the part where he asks the guys to translate this albanian word so he could recognize the voice from the video clip. The only thing I didn't like was how the girls got in trouble so quickly after they arrived in Paris, like they were meant to be in trouble. Nevertheless, I think it was truly an eye-opener on how real the flesh trade is in some parts of the world. I am quite sure this really happens somewhere out there.

My rating for Taken - 4.5/5

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails