Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Supersizing Singapore


Just days ago, I was flabbergasted by Heart Attack Grill in the USA, but what do you know, Singapore is also being supersized.

I was on my way to work today and saw this sign on my usual walking route to the MRT...

Please, NO ONE deserves a mega mac, for crying out loud!!!

Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Cholesterol. I really thought such humongous burgers would never penetrate the local food market because Singaporeans (I believe) are generally healthy-eaters. But it looks like McDonald's now has their own version of the quadruple bypass burger by Heart Attack Grill, they call theirs the "Mega Mac". A big Mac itself is enough to clog your arteries but times 2??!! I can't believe it.


And, there's even the "Mega Sausage McMuffin" to kick-start an early cholesterol-laden day. Did you know that Mickey Dee's Maple Syrup-injected-McMuffin is one of the worst burgers/muffins you could ever eat? If I'm not mistaken, it is even worse than a Big Mac.

BUT WAIT!! There's more! Just when I thought Mcdonald's has gone extreme with their burgers, this is what I saw on my way back to the office from a client...


It seems like there's this warfare between Burger King and Mcdonald's on who can make Singaporeans fatter, faster!! And they call theirs the "BK Double/Triple/Quad Stacker". Doesn't that sound reaaallllyyy similar to the double/triple/quadruple bypass burgers by Heart Attack Grill??!


To anyone who is willing to gorge on any 2 variants of these heart-attack burgers, let me know. My Treat. Seriously.

2 comments:

dilutedmagnetics said...

Wow! Is that for REAL? I was at a Mickey D's for dinner last night with G, and they didn't ask me if I'd like to supersize it. If I bought a supersize meal, it'll last me for lunch, dinner and supper. Quite a good deal, actually...

Shan Abellaneda said...

hahaha.. you know what, i'm actually tempted to try the mega mcspicy...but unfortunately my body is also overly supersized i don't deserve any mega meals haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails