Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saw V

In the 5th installment of the "Saw" series, Hoffman is seemingly the last person alive to carry on the Jigsaw legacy. However, when his secret is threatened, Hoffman must go on the hunt to eliminate all loose ends that might expose him. (http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Saw+V/movie/14880/)



Halloween is just around the corner so what better way to embrace it than to watch a horror movie - and a gorey one at that. Embarrassing as it may seem, but I looovvveee horror movies. Or do they still call 'em "horror" movies? Whether horror, suspense, thriller, or however you want to call them I just love them! The more blood, gore and cringe-moments, the better! :-P

So since we wanted to avail of our special cathay-movie-ticket-discount through UOB card (from $10.50 to $8 on weekends), off we went on a late Friday night. Of course, watching a horror flick past midnight just adds to the excitement.

To make the story short, I wasn't as pleased with the movie. Yes it did live up to the notorious uber-gorey "Saw" concept but I felt shortchanged. The story was too dragging. Then again, what do you expect on the 5th installment right? I guess the "Saw" series has succumbed to the usual dilemma that over-serialized (if there is such a word) movies encounter. It can never live up to the previous earlier releases.

The visual quality of the movie was terrible. Too grainy and dark. Like a cheap low-budget film. To make matters worse, it's so damn obvious that there's going to be a Saw 6, I bet my life on that.

With all that said, my rating for Saw V is 1.5/5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saw the film and and liked it very much highley recommended.

Didi said...

OMG! I hate the gory-ness!! My my!! But in fairness, I heard it's good daw.

Related Posts with Thumbnails