Saturday, October 11, 2008

Eagle Eye

Jerry Shaw and Rachel Holloman are two strangers thrown together by a mysterious phone call from a woman they have never met. Threatening their lives and family, "she" pushes Jerry and Rachel into a series of increasingly dangerous situations--using the technology of everyday life to track and control their every move. As the situation escalates, these two ordinary people become the country's most wanted fugitives, who must work together to discover what is really happening--and more importantly, why.



This movie felt like it lasted 3 hours. And if a movie feels that long (even if it's really just 2 hours), then it's seriously not interesting enough for me.

I admit I was glued to the movie for the first hour but as the movie dragged on to the ending, my mind also dragged into lala land. In short, I fell asleep in the last few minutes. And if you guys are a regular reader of my movie reviews, that is not a good indication. To think I had a strong cup of Teh Tarik (milk tea) before the movie.

To me it was like "The Truman Show" meets "The Amazing Race". They just kept on running and running away from the authorities the entire movie, while I kept on wondering and wondering why the hell they were doing so. The storyline wasn't fierce enough to keep you glued for 2 full hours and the clincher was lame. I was really expecting a phenomenal ending but instead I ended the movie myself by sleeping.

At least I know I'm not the only one who didn't like the movie since "Waiter Rant" and Yahoo movies (rating of C) also didn't like it.

My rating for Eagle Eye - 2/5 stars.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails