Thursday, April 14, 2011

Nantsuttei, Parco Marina Bay


My cousin, Quincy, is in town and since he said Japanese ramen is such a craze in Manila, and since we ourselves are going gaga over everything japanese lately (haha), we decided to head to Parco Mall to try out Nantsuttei.



This was Aileen's recommendation actually, as she already went there with her Japanese colleague previously. We got there past 2pm on a Sunday yet the place was still crowded (though the place is a bit small).


Nansuttei offers tonkotsu soup, pork-based creamy-type soup ramen, which is derived from Kyushu in Japan. Their unique ingredient is the "Ma-oil" - a blend of 7 types of deep-fried garlic with sesame oil (I didn't know there was so many types of garlic haha). You can also choose the "heat" level of your soup.


I flipped through the menu and saw this lecture on the proper way of eating ramen, haha amusing.


We had "Happy Couple Gyoza" (S$6) for starters which didn't really make me that happy. The frozen Ajinomoto brand gyoza that we bought at Meidi-Ya was way better.


They don't look so happy too hehe...


Some chili powder, soy sauce, vinegar and chili oil

 

For my main meal, Aileen and I chose the Chashu-men (S$16) - simmered pork loin in tonkotsu soup topped off with their special shoyu sauce (I'm not really sure what the sauce was made of or where it was in the soup hehe).


Now I don't think I've acquired the taste for Ramen as I just found it ok. In fact, I found the ma-oil too bitter. Not worth the $16 I think... now that's just me, don't crucify me haha. Service was good though, the manager was very accomodating and food was served quite quickly. Overall, not bad, it was good to try something new or at least for the novelty of it.

Here is my rating for Nantsuttei:
Ambiance - 3.5
Service - 4.5
Food - 3
Presentation - 2.5
Value For Money - 3
OVERALL - 3.3

9 Raffles Boulevard
P3-06 Parco Marina Bay, Millenia Walk
Singapore
Tel No: +65 6337-7166
Opening Hours: 11:30am - 10:30pm

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails