Sunday, April 3, 2011

Meidi-Ya Supermarket, Liang Court


These past few months, because of my cousin Aileen's influence, we have been obsessed with Japanese food. This afternoon, while waiting for Vice Ganda's show to start at Clarke Quay, we wandered around Liang Court and found this japanese supermarket.


I googled and found out Meidi-Ya is a supermarket chain in Japan which started in 1885 (click here). Not sure if the website is updated but it seems like they have at least 16 supermarkets all over Japan. Anyone of you guys been to one of them in Japan?


There's also a japanese fastfood area in front of the supermarket. I've never seen so many japanese in Singapore until I came to this supermarket haha. Seriously I don't think I've ever personally met any, aside from some clients at work.


Black cotton buds anyone? :P




There's a microwave you can use to heat your take-away food. I'm not sure though how much you have to pay, is it like per second charging? haha.



This cake-like snack looks interesting. It's like their version of Singapore's "Lapis" cake (layered cake).


Pretty coloured noodles


Yummy-looking peanut butter


Vanilla yogurt with Kitkat - but this seems like it came from the UK (see the price in pounds).


Frozen Takoyaki balls! How convenient! I'll try these one day.


These look like fish bones that they made into a snack. I wonder how they taste like...



There was a rice polishing machine. How so japanese hehe. I've never seen anything like it.



So this was the Japanese loot we got after our supermarket adventure hehehe - (from left to right) Gyoza, Gyoza sauce, Japanese custard, and some sesame-based rice crackers. Aileen's favorite was the sea salt that wasn't even japanese hehe. Love love this supermarket! So many unique japanese finds.

MEIDI-YA SINGAPORE CO (PTE) LTD
177 River Valley Road #B1-50 Liang Court Shopping Centre
Singapore 179030
TEL:(65) 6339 1111
FAX:(65) 6339 1112

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails