Wednesday, March 23, 2011

To Invest or Not to Invest?


Tomorrow night I'll be flying to Manila for a short 4-day trip. I got lucky with Jetstar and got my ticket for only S$130, what a steal!

Anyway, my real purpose for this trip was to invest in a condo. I celebrated 4yrs here in SG last 21st March and I feel it's high time I invest into something to make all my hardwork here worthwhile. This is the property I'm looking at:


I think it's a gorgeous property with unique amenities - plus the fact that it's across Rockwell and it may be the pioneer in riverside-built properties along Pasig River. Just look at all the prime properties along Clarke Quay or Boat Quay here in SG or the ones along Chao Praya River in Bangkok.

The problem is my mom thinks otherwise. She says it's too small thus expensive for it's size. She says I should take my time, not get too excited, and look at house & lots instead - like foreclosed ones or outside the city. Sigh. Now I'm confused. The thing is I really want one property right smack in the city with premium amenities. My point is if I were going to invest, might as well invest into something really nice which I can proudly look at and see the fruits of my labour. Moreover, when I become more liquid in the future (I hope), I can always invest into other bigger properties.

Oh well, let's see what happens. But to be honest, I was 90% sure on this investment before my mom told me about her opinion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

go 4 it... u can always sell and buy another one later, dun let ur $$$ idle in the bank!

Shan Abellaneda said...

thanks! maybe i will :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails