Friday, May 22, 2015

Wild Honey, Mandarin Gallery & Scotts Square


I've been to Wild Honey twice. The first time was a few years ago and the second was just recently. It is very high end for an all-day breakfast sort of place so I cannot afford to eat here all the time haha.




My first time at Wild Honey was at their Mandarin Gallery outlet. The interior is really very warm and nice, I have to admit. Very inviting for a cozy meal with a friend or loved one. In fact, I like the ambiance at the Mandarin Gallery more than the Scotts Square outlet.


I went with my bestfriend Vishnu and we both had the "English", their signature dish - Scrambled eggs, back bacon, cumberland pork sausage, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans, breakfast potatoes, grilled vine ripened tomato & signature brioche (S$26).

This can actually be shared among 2 people especially if you are having salad or appetizer.


We also shared the Goat's Cheese Salad - Pan fried goat's cheese, warm bacon, signature broche batons, aruguka, vine ripened tomatoes & honey mustard dressing (S$18).

This was very good. I can have just this the next time I go here. Refreshing and not so heavy.


The second time I went was at the Scotts Square outlet with Alf and my cousin Aileen. I think this place is bigger as they have outside seating, plus it's brighter than the Mandarin Gallery outlet. We had the Brazilian Bread for appetizer (S$6), very cheesy and yummy. Aileen's daughter loved this.

My experience this time was sort of a miss. I didn't like the overall experience compared to the first time I went. I felt is was too overpriced now. I think it was also because the ang moh manager asked my cousin to vacate the table in an hour when she was seated while waiting for me and Alf to arrive. Good thing when Alf and I arrived, they didn't insist for us to leave.


Alf and I shared the Caribbean - coconut waffles bound with fresh creme patisserie, fresh baby bananas & slices of mango, toasted coconut flakes & passionfruit syrup (S$20). Although the description seemed sumptuous, I felt it was just ok. I would have preferred if it had more fruits as described.


Alf & I also shared the Aussie (S$30), I believe this is only available at the Scotts Square outlet. 120 grams Australian grain fed sirloin, red and yellow pepper & onion confit, fried egg, breakfast potatoes, Dad's baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, spicy tomato chutney and grilled ciabatta.

This was also just ok. Not to sound arrogant but Alf and I learned not to order steak anymore if the place doesn't specialize in steak.


Aileen had the Spanish hash (S$24) - diced house corned beef & potato, 2 perfectly poached eggs & hollandaise sauce with ciabatta.

Overall, Wild Honey is still ok. I can probably still give it another shot if a special occassion calls for it, and if my wallet permits haha.

333A Orchard Road, Mandarin Gallery
Singapore 238897
Tel# +65 62353900

6 Scotts Road, #03-01 Scotts Square
Singapore 228209
Tel# +65 6636 1816

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails