Sunday, February 23, 2014

River Safari, Singapore


The first time I went to River Safari was in December last year when my brother was here. Early this year, I went back with Alf, also because I wasn't able to try the amazon river quest boat ride the first time I went.


Singapore never really ceases to amaze me. The fact that they could continuously come up with new attractions despite the small size of this island is truly admirable. Plus, they have a penchant for coming up with unique places (i.e. Gardens by the Bay, etc.).


The river safari is a river-themed zoo and aquarium and is the first of its kind in Asia. It sits between the Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.


I love that the entrance fee is not expensive. I think $20+ per person is reasonable and affordable. The place is not as big as the Singapore Zoo but you can easily spend half a day in the area.




The park boasts of the different animals you could find in the most renowned rivers around the world.



I didn't know actually that the Firefox was a type of Panda. It was so cute! I'm sure most of us know it as the browser haha.


Kai Kai and Jia Jia were so adorable. Apart from the fact that Kai Kai and I share the same pastime - taking a nap after eating. Hahaha.



Super dooper cute cuddly panda bears!



I bet you didn't know that! Hehe. Interesting trivia.


Whenever I go to museums or attractions, I always read the posters and description. You really learn a lot. I had no clue that Giant Pandas have 6 thumbs!



Kai Kai was indeed shy. Look at her hidden in her quarters, away from the public eye.




The Amazon River Quest is complimentary for now. You have to make your booking at the park entrance. The first time I went was Christmas holidays so the seats were all booked. Luckily, we were able to secure seats this time.


We packed sandwiches for snack. Brings back memories of our Australia trip to save on spending haha.




The River Safari as a whole is not bad but sorry to say this boat ride was so-so. In fact, I hope they keep it forever complimentary because there is nothing special about it. I think they just want to use the "amazon boat ride" as a marketing ploy to entice tourists. Boring if I must say, to think it was only a 5-10 min boat ride. Not bad an effort nevertheless.









There you go folks! Come swing by the River Safari if you can. I usually wait til I have visitors to go to places like these so that I can see something new for myself as well. Thank you Singapore! Keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails