Sunday, February 23, 2014

Fairmont Singapore


My flatmate Krizia works in the travel industry and she was able to score really cheap rates for us at the Fairmont Singapore last Chinese New Year. Thus, we decided to stay for a night during the 3-day weekend. We got it for around S$160 (net) a night which was extremely cheap compared to the usual rate of $370 for that long weekend. Sweet!

Complimentary CNY chocolates

Moses and Krizia

It was our first staycation with the entire gang so we were more than excited! Thank you Krizia!


Fairmont Singapore actually garnered one of my highest reviews on Tripadvisor. Click here to read the entire post


Krizia and Mico




One of the most cozy and comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in! I miss it already! We booked 2 connecting rooms so it felt like we booked the Presidential Suite haha.



The rain shower (sorry not shown in above photo) was so awesome I could live in the shower haha!



The coffee capsules for the machine were free. Plus, we even asked for more for FREE. Perfect!




View of the iconic Raffles Hotel from our balcony

Lenin - like a boss! Haha


Myself and Lenin

Krizia and brother Mico

L-R: Myself, Lenin, Moses, Krizia, Mico and Jhun


We had so much food since it was a long weekend plus the CNY holidays so we had a reason to celebrate haha. We also invited friends over later that night. Like I mentioned in my Tripadvisor review, the hotel is so awesome to have heated our food and even transfer them on serving dishes with plates and utensils. That is customer service!

In our recent trip to Cebu (post to follow), Parklane Hotel Cebu charged us 100 pesos to reheat the food in their microwave. Boo!

Moses in the next door connecting room

L-R: Mico, Krizia, Jhun, Lenin & Moses


I LOVE their luxurious toiletries! Which I believe is the same brand of toiletries they use for all their Fairmont hotels worldwide.


My biggest and only rant was the pool was "tiny" given the size of the hotel and for the fact that they share the pool with connecting hotel Swissotel Stamford. That sucked.





I felt tired that day and just slept at the pool. I must say though that was one of my most relaxing naps haha.



L-R: George, Lenin, Lorraine and Kristel
Lenin's friends came at night to play mahjong. They really imbibed the CNY long weekend celebrations. Hahaha!



We watched Frozen in the other room while the others were playing mahjong. I was singing "Let It Go" for probably a week since watching that movie hahaha.


There were some art installations along the hotel room corridors and I was joking this was myself hahaha.


The next day we planned to go to Istana after checking out as they are usually open to the public during holidays but changed our mind when we saw the line. It stretched all the way to Plaza Singapura.

Late lunch at Swensen's
I would love to go back to Fairmont! Especially if we could get the same rates. It truly was a staycation in every sense of the word. Til the next hotel adventure my friends! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails