Tuesday, December 17, 2013

WhiteWater World, Dreamworld & Night Market

Gold Coast is literally loaded with lots of fun places to go to - for both the young and the young at heart. Our next stop was WhiteWater World - another water theme park. Not as grand and as crowded as Wet N Wild but still worth a visit. It's just right beside Dreamworld which means you can do both in one day.






Shmelly Shlippers. Hahaha!




Sorry lifeguard is off-duty (i.e. sleeping) hahaha!
I didn't get to take a lot of pictures in WhiteWater World as I left my camera in the locker. We also didn't get to spend a lot of time there. I got tired climbing up and down the steep stairs after every slide hahaha.


After lunch we headed to Dreamworld next door. I remember coming here the first time I went to Gold Coast last year.

Buzz Saw was still closed...


Such a colourful happy place, dont you think? :-)






I wanted to ride this but Alf chickened out hehehe. It was higher than the one at MovieWorld. I remember trying this my first time at Dreamworld and I tell you it is so damn scary haha.





I finally got to catch the meter maids!!!
After all that fun, we headed back to Surfer's Paradise for the night market. I was excited about this as I wasn't able to go here the first time I came to Gold Coast. Kindly google and check out the schedule first because if I remember correctly the night market is only on Wednesdays and Fridays.


They sold all sorts of unique stuff which you don't commonly see in other markets. I thoroughly enjoyed this market and would have hauled a lot of stuff if baggage and money weren't an issue haha.


This was convenient - a mobile ATM. I've never seen this anywhere else before and I wanted to drive away with the machine haha.


We saw this one stall that sold all these beautifully hand-painted abstract decors. We chatted with the seller a bit and learned that she designed  painted these on her own. She also said they sold it at the museums 3 to 4 times more compared to the price at the market. Alf bought the smaller circular vase (top right) and she even wrapped it in bubble wrap for us to make it convenient to bring back to Singapore.


Those coconut roughs which I also bought from the night market were so yummy!! Toasted coconut clusters wrapped in chocolate. Divine! Delicious! hahaha. Starbucks at Surfer's Paradise has 30 minutes free wifi if you buy a drink. I had to catch up on Facebook and Instagram hahaha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails