Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rhein Neckar River Cruise


Holy Guacamole! I can't believe it's already December! Time can really fly by super fast. It's been 2 months since our Germany trip and I'm still on Day 2 haha. I just finished laundry so while resting I might as well get on with my posts. I still have a lot more I'd like to share other than this trip so here we go...

Day 2 was our river cruise to Neckarsteinach. It's a pretty little town with castles, around an hour by boat from Heidelberg. As usual, this post is picture heavy and I've already tried to edit out as much pictures as I can.




We saw a number of ducks while walking along the boardwalk to the pier. Of course, my mom can't restrain herself from feeding them haha.

(L-R) Mom, Uncle Don, Bob and Aunty Beni

Yummy cheesecake! It was light and heavenly! :)



Neckarsteinach is such a cute little town. I say cute because it's really just picture perfect. Plus the fact that there are real castles here, where 2 of them are actually privately. Can you believe that? I can't imagine myself living in a real castle.



Mom and Bob :-)



And then it was time for lunch! haha. It's funny we were eating Italian in Germany but this restaurant was right smack in the middle of town with al fresco dining so we just decided to eat there.






There was a german (?) couple beside us eating just salad who kept on looking and snickering. We weren't sure if they were "amused" that we were eating so much or laughing at how unhealthy our food was. Walang pakialamanan haha.




After lunch, we made our way to the Castles on foot. What better way to burn that heavy lunch hehe. We saw these grapes freely growing on the houses' fences. To think grapes are so expensive here in Asia! :)


And this is the privately occupied castle that I was telling you about. Now how grand is that?! You can see the signage from the picture below that says "Privat".




Spectacular isn't it??! :-)




This is my Aunty Beni and Uncle Don. I love them to bits! :-) They also joined us in last year's trip to the Netherlands and Belgium.

A big wave Mom! :-)



It was a beautiful day in Neckarsteinach. On the way back, we stopped by Bismarckplatz to look around the shops. Sundays are usually slow days and most of the shops are closed. This street is like a mini Orchard Road where all the name brands and what-have-you can be found.



Back early at the house early. Getting ready for a long week in Germany. More to come! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails