Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Schloss Heidelberg

I'm doing laundry and squeezing in this post haha. Looking at the pictures again while uploading them sure brought back such wonderful memories. In fact too many nice photos which is why this post is photo-heavy.

Let the pictures tell the story and I hope you enjoy the "journey" as much as I did :))...


Our first glimpse of the beautifully modern Frankfurt Main train station - connected to the airport.


Now it took us a while to figure out the trains, though I already did my research through bahn.de prior to the trip. We asked for help at the counter but was given this train itinerary in German, haha good luck!


I really love Europe's trains... they are such a modern-day sight to behold...


I remember experiencing Europe's high-speed trains for the first time in Spain last year and I loooveee that there is a coffee shop/cafeteria inside the train...


Our first meal in Germany! haha


Johann just had to buy from the vendo while waiting for our connecting train from Mannheim to Heidelberg...


Wow, that's a lot of train stations...


And we made it to Heidelberg! :)

Me and my brother's room for 10 days

We stayed at the beautiful Heidel-Home... It was a short 5-10 min walk from the Weststadt/Sudstadt tram/train station...


I was "floored" by the floor area haha... It was so spacious it really felt like a home... Thanks to my stepdad Bob for taking care of our accomodations, love ya! :)


The kitchen was heaven! Full-sized oven and look at the modern electric stove top!


The bathrooms were spic and span...


Mom and Bob's room

(L-R) Johann, Mom, Bob, Uncle Don and I
We wasted no time and headed out after unpacking and resting a short bit... 


I wish Singapore's train stations had awesome bakeries like these...

Some beautiful building...



Get a Heidelberg card (Euro16 for 4 days) for unlimited travel on public transpo...





Heidelberg card comes with free tickets to the funicular and Schloss Heidelberg...



Schloss is a German word for a building similar to a château, palace or manor house... or more commonly known as Castle haha :)

Now isn't that captivating??!



I LOVE this family picture!! To be treasured forever...




Sun Dial




Emo mode hahaha...




Glad I had my camera ready and took this shot of the beautiful couple and photographer (she even smiled :))...


Of course, they had a museum on the history of medicine. I remember my first summer job was with Bayer AG... Germany's other giant pharma companies are Schering, Merck, Roche, etc.



And more wedding photos... Wouldn't it be a dream to have your prenup pictorial in a castle...



AND YES!! the purpose of this trip was to taste authentic german sausage! hahaha :) Seriously, the BEST sausage I have ever tasted in my fat life! :P

NYOMMMZZZZ...



Can anyone take a guess what this is? Clue: watch out for falling shit :P


Tour guide said these moats were always dry, not the usual water-filled moats (due to the high elevation of the castle).



Now to complement your prenup-pictorial-at-the-castle, why not rent a function room INSIDE the castle for your wedding reception? Yes?? :)


Oh yeah, tug harder haha...


My beautiful Mom

The world's biggest wine barrel (holds 220,000 liters)... they used to consume 2,000 liters a day!


The tour group :)

Pringoooals anyone??
Next up, the Rhein-Neckar river cruise! :))

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails