Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hilton Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Here's another hotel post from a recent business trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...

We had an HR exhibit at the Hilton from 29-30 October. I decided to arrive early on a Saturday prior to the event to spend a little extra time in Kuala Lumpur. Luckily, the rates at the Hilton were very affordable that week despite it being a long weekend so we just decided to stay there as well (I'm not a "bigwig" in our company so my employee hotel privileges are capped :P). I rarely get to stay at a Hilton property as it is usually more expensive so it sure was a treat.



Now I'm not sure why the Le Meridien and the Hilton share one property. It almost seems like they split the property in half - or maybe it's managed by the same owners? In fact, the lagoon-like pool is also shared by both properties and it was literally split in half by a foot bridge which wouldn't allow you to swim the entire length of the pool (too bad I wasn't able to take a picture of that).




Apologies for the not-so-clear pics. I took my Olympus EP3 digicam along but realized I had left the battery on my bedside table when I charged it - bummer. Anyway, thanks to Alf for the iPhone pics.
 

The room was VERY nice. So nice we spent most of the first day in the room. One of my minor rants was that the pillows were too soft. I mentioned this in my feedback form upon check-out. The Director of Operations sent me an email the following day and said there is actually a pillow menu on the bedside table - which I am VERY sure I did not see as I remember inspecting the whole room (including drawers) as I knew I was going to blog about it. Anyway, nothing too major. If there is indeed a pillow menu then that's great. And kudos to the Director for actually acknowledging my feedback. I actually praised the Hilton but offered some minor suggestions for improvement (e.g. wifi, bellhop service upon check in, etc).



The closets and drawers were more than enough. In fact, I don't think I've ever stayed in a hotel where they have drawers aside from the usual wardrobe closet. Good job Hilton!



Again, another plus for Hilton. Apart from a flat iron they also had an actual full-sized ironing board. Either i've been staying in cheap hotels most of the time (I actually have haha) or Hilton really has room facilities that are above average.


Unlike the Movenpick Heritage Hotel in Sentosa Singapore, they had no coffee maker. The selection wasn't too bad though.



The bathroom was huge. Separate stalls for shower and toilet. In fact, the toilet was hidden behind the bathroom mirror. And similar to most hotels nowadays, the bathroom opens up to the bedroom.



Great job to the Hilton for "branded" toiletries. Okay, I actually hoarded these haha. I rarely take hotel toiletries home but I will usually take the "quality" ones as I could use them for short trips where I don't have check-in luggage.




I am probably one of the few people who enjoy room service. I admit that it's usually a little bit more expensive but eating in your hotel room while basking in the "luxury" is very therapeutic haha.


The rest of the day was spent at the pool. Luckily, there was wifi at the pool (care of the Le Meridien haha) so I had the chance to catch up on Facebook :P.


Another major plus for the Hilton was that they had scheduled shuttles to the nearby upscale Gardens Mall (which is just beside the Midvalley Megamall). Hilton's location is not exactly in the city centre but the main train station was just in front of the property where you can take the KTM commuter train to Bukit Bintang (where the Pavilion Mall is) or the KLIA Express / KLIA Transit high-speed trains to the airport.

Now if they could only work on free Wifi in the rooms plus a heater for the super cold water in the pool then everything would be perfect :-).

Hilton Kuala Lumpur Hotel
3 Jalan Stesen Sentral
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur03-2264-2264

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails