Monday, April 23, 2012

Fitness Blog #12

Surprise!!! Well, aren't you surprised?? Yes, the "fitness" is still alive. If you remember some 2 years ago, I signed up with Fitness First. Our office has since moved to a different location, so I cancelled that (plus I lost the steam to consistently go, what's new).

Website Photo

I guess the only consolation is that I've maintained my weight. Not exactly great news but I guess that would be better than gaining even more. Plus, I haven't had a gout attack since. Now that my office is located in Harbourfront, I signed up with a new gym. Yes folks, this is my 3rd freaken gym in Singapore. But it's half the cost of Fitness First. And more importantly, I just need to take the lift to the gym. Easier to force myself to go. I hope.

Actual Photo
Before I ultimately decided to sign up for this new gym, I seriously was considering gastric bypass surgery. I even went as far as corresponding with doctors both here in Singapore and in Manila on the actual procedure, costs, requirements, etc. I was that close.


However, speaking to family and friends, I realized it was too drastic and risky. Aside from the fact that it's so damn expensive (est S$16,000). That alone discouraged me.

Therefore, I just decided to get personal training sessions. I mean the main reason why I haven't been successful with the past 2 gyms is because I lose the determination to go. I'm hoping that with personal training sessions, I'll be forced to go. It isn't cheap to be honest (which I hope is another reason to go) but much more affordable than the gastric bypass surgery. Plus, the sessions expire which means I have to go whether I like it or not.


I start tomorrow. My trainer is huge (as in muscular) so I hope that's a good sign. I don't want to look like a bouncer though (hahaha) but I definitely want to add muscle mass and lose weight at the same time. Wish me luck! (as always)... There's this sort-of biggest loser contest among the members in the gym - the most fat percentage weight loss in 6 months wins! I'm definitely joining that! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails