Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hungry Titanic

Haha sorry about the lousy title. I was attempting to be creative for a title of my review on "The Hunger Games" and "Titanic 3D" :-P

Anyway, I just realized I haven't done a movie review in a while. I actually find it the hardest to review movies, as I'm not exactly an expert when it comes to films or the technicality of it. I guess you could take my reviews from a lay man's point of view, much like Ellen Degeneres judging on American Idol (gets? haha).

I LOOOVEEEED the Hunger Games! I was raving about it on Facebook. I was literally fixated to the screen during the entire duration of the movie. I guess it helped that I had no clue at all what the movie was about. Everyone was talking about it on Facebook and I wanted to know what the hype was all about. Sure enough, the movie lived up to the hype and even more!

It was a bit morbid admittedly. I mean what can be more violent than 12-18 year old kids killing each other?? But beyond the violence, I loved ever single bit of the movie. The story was simple actually. But I guess my rooting for Katniss coupled with the teenage-killing-spree (haha me and my "criminal tendencies") plus the love angle (mushy) piqued my interest.

I want to see it again! Seriously! My rating for The Hunger Games = 6.0/5.0


Now on to another monumental movie... the Titanic. I vividly remember watching this movie for the first time in 1997 because we watched it at the Spectrum in Irvine, California. I remember my half-brother Mitch took us out to the movies and I was in awe of the Spectrum because I guess that time we didn't have such "megaplex" cinemas in the Philippines.

Fast forward 15 years later, now the movie is in 3D. I literally forgot about the little details of the storyline, which was good as it felt like I was watching the movie for the first time. I still love it! and much like the first time, I was so enamored with the film that I didn't realize the 3.5-hr length of the movie. Plus, I still shed a tear or two (or three hahaha).

This one definitely goes into my list of all-time must-see movies. The 3D didn't really make a huge difference actually. Honestly, it felt like the 3D was "forced" a little bit. Nevertheless, still worth watching. My rating for Titanic 3D - 5.0/5.0

On a side note, I am truly enjoying this long weekend. I feel terribly guilty though that I was too tired yesterday and had to skip the Visita Iglesia. Last year, we managed to visit 14 churches. Sigh, I hope to make up for it next year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails