Thursday, February 9, 2012

Diamond Museum, Albert Cuyp Market & PC Hoofstraat


Day 6 we were supposed to go to Germany but it turned out the train tickets were too damn expensive as we didn't buy them in advance. Major bummer as we all met up early at the train station only to cancel the trip. Soooo, we opted to do the "Hop on Hop off" bus tour instead.


This was at the Diamond Museum - which honestly was another tourist trap for me...


Marked in black diamonds were sources of diamonds around the world...


Next stop, which is one of my favorites, is the Albert Cuyp street market - just a few blocks behind the Heineken Museum...


Holland Tulips and Roses!


You can drown in cheese at Albert Cuyp... this is also where we shopped for cheese to bring back. Look for the sign "Reklame" which actually means promotion or discounted items...


"Homemade" waffles...



I really enjoyed strolling this market... it streched for maybe 3-4 blocks where you could find almost anything under the sun... great place to buy souvenirs or knick knacks to take home...


OMG, can you imagine me driving this car??! I CANNOT. hahaha!


Next stop was for retail therapy at PC Hoofstraat hehehe... this stretch of road is where you can find most signature brands... Remember my previous post where I googled this? Well, I'm happy we found it! :-)


The salesman at Bally forgot to return my passport (irritating that I also forgot to take it back) and I had to rush back to this store later in the evening after I already got home. Ugh. Good thing the salesman was kind enough to wait for me at the coffeeshop across the store as they were already closed when I got back...



Of course, the shopping made us hungry hehehe... Next up is our day trip to Antwerp, Belgium! ;-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails