Sunday, February 27, 2011

Update (27Feb): Compromised Safety at the Universal Studios Singapore Galactica Rollercoaster



I just received a call from a columnist named "Mia" of Lianhe Wanbao. Lianhe Wanbao (literally United Evening Paper) is a Singapore Chinese afternoon newspaper published daily by Singapore Press Holdings (SPH). 



We spoke several times through a few phone calls where she basically went through the facts of my story plus asked additional information about myself. She also shared with me what she plans to include in the article (and I hope they don't include additional unnecessary information). She asked for a picture to go with the story though she clearly said it's my decision on whether I'd like to provide one or not. I initially hesitated to give a picture but what the heck, I don't want people to think I'm a coward who just wants to complain but can't show my face. Besides, since the article also tackles weight issues then they might as well see who this fat complainant is. Sigh. I hope I'm doing a favour to all those horizontally-challenged people out there.


You can read on the background of this story here.

2 comments:

The Zombie Hunter said...

best wishes on your endeavors. discrimination in any form is just awful. they should teach kids in school not to pick up these attitudes to nip it at the bud...

Shan Abellaneda said...

thanks! it is much appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails