Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jumbo Seafood, Riverside Point (2)


Valentine's Day here in Singapore was really busy, I guess like anywhere else in the world. Whether with a loved one, family or friends, It's always nice to celebrate this day of L-O-V-E.

So here we are finding an excuse to pig out hehe. Zach was the one who chose Jumbo so that pigging out wouldn't be as guiltful since we were craving for seafood.


There were sooo many people at Jumbo and we were actually lucky that when we got there, there was an available table inside, when most of the other bigger groups had to have their name waitlisted.

Zach chose this appetizer "Donut with Seafood paste" (S$8). I didn't like it. It tasted funny, like fish balls wrapped with bread and sesame seed then fried till crispy. I do like fish balls but not this way. Maybe I'm just not used to the taste. Aside from that, it was super oily.

I wanted to have plain white rice but Zach insisted on "Seafood Fried Rice" (S$ 12). Another oily dish. To be honest, that's what I don't like with chinese food. Oil is everywhere, even in the stir-fried veggies. This wasn't the best seafood fried rice I've ever tasted either.

I chose the "Deep Fried Red Tilapia" (S$ 28). This is one of my favorites. The fish was super crispy you can actually eat the head, not that I did haha. It's funny though, when the waitress served this, she started to break the meat apart before I could take a picture of it. It originally looked like a butterfly with the meat spread like wings. But I know in chinese restos they usually do help in serving the food by slicing the fish or duck or whatever.


I already featured this in my first post on Jumbo - "Cereal Prawn" (S$ 20). I just learned that if you had it deshelled it would cost you like 2-4 bucks more. But I didn't mind because I really wanted the cereal to coat the shrimp's meat. This is still my ultimate favorite!

And the star of the meal - "Chili Crab" (S$ 38). This was actually very expensive crab but it was well worth it. There was so much meat in the humongous claws and this is actually good for 4 people. I normally don't like the trouble of fishing out the meat of the crab but I enjoyed this for a change.


The aftermath. Hahaha. Looked like a bomb went off on the table. Yum Yum Yum! Dinner came up to $130.18 including taxes. Very expensive for my standards actually but it's ok we normally don't eat lavish meals if there's no occassion.

No rating for Jumbo since this is already my 3rd or 4th time hehe. But food was still very good. The service was also great. The waitresses were aplenty and they were very attentive, always making sure to fill your tea cups.

30 Merchant Road
# 01-01/02 Riverside Point
Singapore 058282
Tel: 6532-3435 Fax: 6538-3433
Business Hours:
Lunch 12.00pm - 2.30pm
Dinner 6.00pm - midnight

"Live, Love & Eat!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails