Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hello! It's me!


Well hello! I've been wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet? Hehehe. Don't we love that Adele song? Anyway, it's been 7 long months since my last blog. So many things happened and I almost left Singapore but thank God I am still here.

So what exactly happened? I quit my last job. After I left SAP last Feb 2015, I started a new job with a start-up set-up Japanese company last March. Let's just say it didn't work out so I quit last July. And as you may or may not know, if you quit your job in Singapore and you're not a permanent resident, you only have 30 days to stay in Singapore once your work visa is cancelled. Luckily, I exited end of July when we went to Maldives. I know right? jobless and I still have the nerve to go on a holiday. Haha. Well, it was booked early in 2015 so I might as well proceed. Besides, I also needed to exit since my 30 days were up. Luckily and Praise God, immigration allowed me to enter Singapore after our Maldives trip and stay another 30 days (but not without a lot of questioning from immigration).

Literally 2 days before my tourist visa was up, I got accepted at American Express for a new job. I was ecstatic! I really thought it was the end of my journey here. I cried in happiness. It made me realize how much I have grown to love Singapore and also because my partner, Alfian, is here. No words can express how grateful I am for this nth chance.

It's been 5 months now since I started my new job with American Express and so far it has been good. I have a feeling I may stay here for a while, at least a few years. It's a totally new industry for me, given my background was in IT and business software, but I'm not complaining, I am happy so far. God is great indeed!

So here I am, back to blogging with a lot of backlog. I've been to Phuket in Oct, Bali in November, Italy in December to January and Kuala Lumpur just recently. My mom also visited last July and my brother just a few days ago. Japan is also coming up in March, hehe, so watch out for those posts!

Thank you God! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails