Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Year That Was... (almost)

Wow, how time flies!!! It feels like it was only yesterday when I was planning my leaves for 2011 and what do you know the year has almost ended. This year has been very eventful and I feel nothing but gratitude for all that has come my way- be it good or bad.

 

Even before I started working here in Singapore, Christmas has always been an occasion I really look forward to. Apart from the usual gathering with friends, families and loved ones, I especially love wrapping Christmas gifts! :-) There's just something therapeutic about it, well for me at least. I can spend hours upon hours wrapping gifts and not get tired of it, hehe. As they say, it's the medium of giving gifts and not exactly the (value of the) gift itself.


I'll be flying home in 2 days and I can hardly wait! My parents moved to Tagaytay and it's the first time we will be spending Christmas there. I feel happy for them as they don't need to travel (at least) 4 hours to go to Manila. They used to live in La Union, which is around 4-5 hours north of Manila.

I'll be in Manila until the 29th then my twin brother Johann and my cousin Mike will be flying to Singapore with me to spend New Year here. My cousin Aileen and her husband Bill, who I share a flat with, won't be able to come home for Christmas so we figured to celebrate New Year with them. Awww how sweet of us! hehehe.


I was thinking of coming up with a wishlist but honestly there's nothing material that I really wish for. Not that I have everything but I guess when you work overseas, all you wish for is to spend time with friends and family back home. Memories are forever after all. Mushy but true haha... OK fine, I don't mind someone giving me a Tag Heuer watch or a new iPhone4S hehehe kidding.


On a more serious note, I do wish for everyone to help our fellowmen in Cagayan de Oro (in any way we can) who were devastated by the typhoon. I'm watching the news now on The Filipino Channel and it's really heartbreaking. A week away from Christmas and these families have to go through such a terrible tragedy.

I'd like to end this entry with this article that my brother shared on Facebook...
http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/12/11/30-things-to-stop-doing-to-yourself/
It's a truly enlightening read and pretty much sums up how you should live your life.

Here's to the best of the holidays to everyone and a more fruitful year this coming 2012! I sincerely wish all my friends, family, loved ones, and 8 readers a more fruitful, blessed, healthy and abundant new year!

Live, Love and Eat! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails