Sunday, September 11, 2011

Bad Teacher & Contagion

These past few weeks were great for moviegoers like me as a number of worthwhile movies were shown. Bad Teacher, starring Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake was a funny riot. Not as hilarious as Bridesmaids though, but funny nonetheless hehe.

Cameron was sluttishly funny in the movie but I doubt that such extreme teachers exist in the real world  (definitely not in Singapore at least :-P). It does bring back memories though of the wide assortment of teachers I had when I was in school - terror teachers, lazy teachers, overly zealous teachers, hot teachers, and mostly ugly teachers hehehe.


I definitely don't recommend the movie to kids as the moral lesson of the movie is really terrible - abusive teacher in pursuit of bigger boobs haha. Though I liked it that she ended up with the physical education teacher instead of Justin Timberlake, which proves that love is really blind. At least, there's one good thing to learn from the movie :-) 

Incidentally, in real life, I think we all know that Cameron and Justin used to date. I wonder how it is to work with your ex. They must have reached that "comfortable" stage where you can finally be friends with each other. The picture below at the New York movie premier sure does prove that... Read more about that here.

My rating for Bad Teacher 4/5.


Another movie I saw just last night was Contagion. By the way, thanks to my friend Mo for the group dinner and movie treat! I wish it was your birthday every weekend haha.


Now I had extremely high expectations for this movie as the cast is really stellar - Kate Winslet, Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jude Law, etc. Plus, the trailer was really engaging. 



It wasn't actually that bad but I was expecting more climactic and heart-jolting scenes, given that the movie is about a worldwide epidemic. However, it does scare you to a certain degree as this can truly happen in real life. In fact it already has (i.e. SARS, bird flu, etc) though probably not in such a rapid pace. I love Gwyneth Paltrow and her seizure scenes were really frightening. Ugh, can you imagine a loved one literally die in front of you.

Now if you've seen the movie, where do you believe did the virus come from, the bat or the banana???
:-P

My rating for Contagion is 2.75/5.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails