Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tiffany-Blue Cupcakes

I had no plans at all to bake yesterday but since I accompanied my cousin to the baking supplies store then I might as well do hehe.


I cheated this time around as the cupcake ingredients we got from a box hehehe. My cousin had a spare box of yellow cake so I just used that :-P.


My cousin gave this to me for my birthday in October last year and I haven't had the chance to use it. I never knew there is such a myriad of icing tips. I love that it came in a neat box to keep them organized.


So below is the finished product - taddaaaa!! :-) I definitely need to practice my piping and frosting a million times more. This time the frosting was too stiff as I had put extra icing sugar thinking it was too watery. I love though how we managed to come up with the tiffany-blue color by accident. The butter frosting recipe we used called for browned butter which made the icing yellow so when we mixed the blue dye it turned out like this.

These were the only cupcakes which I managed to get decent piping. The rest were a disaster. Oh well, practice makes perfect! :-)

1 comment:

Aikko said...

love your icing tips! jealous! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails