Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012 Travel Plans (and more...)

Now, I'm sure you've probably heard of the new campaign by the Department of Tourism in the Philippines - "It's more fun in the Philippines". And since my blog is about travel ("flight" being one of the F's in this blog), I feel I should contribute in my own little way towards this campaign. First of all, to all the smart-a$$ critics out there, let's give this a chance. The WOW Philippines campaign needs to be changed - inspite of all it's success (or was it?). And to the smarter a$$ who said the "fun" campaign was copied from Switzerland's campaign in 1951 with the same slogan - Helloowww?? that was so 19-kopong kopong. Even "Amazing" Thailand and "Incredible" India were used by several countries.

Seriously, let's just all be positive about this. Admit it, you are enjoying those different permutations of the "fun" slogan :-) My only rant is that I hope they quickly put something on the website. Err, it's empty. I mean "strike while the iron is hot"! While everyone is raving about this campaign, might as well back up the claim that indeed the Philippines is more fun!


My travel plans sure include more of the Philippines this year :-) First off is Boracay on Jan 27-30 for my cousin's wedding. My last time in Boracay was in Sept. 2009 and I can't wait to go back. And since the beach means showing skin, I've picked up jogging again to hopefully contribute to the other "F" in this blog for "Fitness" (which has really taken a back seat in this blog but I promise to try harder this year :-P).

Really, if there's one single place I can brag about in the Philippines, Boracay is definitely it! :-)


In early-March, while it's still cold in Hongkong (or is it?), I plan to visit a friend who recently got relocated there from Singapore. My first and only time in HK was wayyyy back in 2003 and I'm sure the city skyline is much more majestic today. Plus, I haven't been to Victoria Peak!

AcuaVerde Resort

In April is another cousin's wedding in Laiya, Batangas. So you see, I really have to pick up on "Fitness" hehe. But I'm really glad to see more of the Philippines this time. I haven't even been to Palawan for crying out loud!

 
Northfield Residences in Mandaue, Cebu

Immediately after the wedding, I'm planning to go to Cebu for a few days for the turnover of the modest townhouse that I invested in (with the help of my Mom, admittedly :-) You see, I do try to save and think about my future hehe. Honestly, I do travel a lot but I guess we all have our own "vices". Some people love to shop or buy gadgets or what not and my therapy is travel :-)

 

While in Cebu, I hope we can squeeze in 1 night at the Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort and Spa.  I remember visiting this place 2 years ago and I vowed I had to stay in that property. It's a huge property and really looks top notch.


Fast forward to September or October, my parents and relatives are planning another European Trip - this time in Germany. Since we had our first European trip as a family last October in Netherlands and Belgium, we planned to make it an annual affair (if budget permits of course haha).  My mom has been raving about the castles in Germany, the exact place escapes my mind right now.


And finally, in December, my dream destination is to experience New York and the ball drop on New Year's Eve! My friends in the US think I'm crazy and my friend even said you have to be there 6 hours before midnight and it will take you at least 2 hours to get out of the area. I don't mind really, you have to try something crazy at least once in your life right? :-) Besides, the new year's eve fireworks here in Singapore at the Marina Bay isn't really any different. I remember my first New Year here in Singapore 5 years ago (can you imagine I've been here 5 years now..), we also had to wait at least several hours for the fireworks then we hung out at Starbucks until 4am because there were no empty taxi cabs at all.

So that pretty much sums up my travel plans for this year :-) Now, I better hit the sack and start working hard if I want these plans to materialize haha. How about you? Where are you planning to go this year? :-)

P.S. I haven't had time to fully document our Netherlands and Belgium trip but I promise to make time for that in the next few days/weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails