Sunday, May 8, 2011

Blueberry Wheat Bran Muffins

Every first friday of the month, our company has a mass workout then one team will prepare our healthy breakfast. Last friday, it was our team's turn and since I was the assigned leader I put my baking skills into use hehehe.

Thanks to my colleague Darren for the pic

I googled for a recipe and found this recipe from allrecipes.com. I was a bit skeptic on how the muffins (or more like cupcakes) would turn out as the recipe was uber healthy. No oil or butter was used and it was the first time for me to use wheat bran in a recipe. Luckily, they turned out great! I couldn't believe how moist they were. Applesauce does wonders! Plus, can you believe only 123 calories per piece?! (except the walnut I added on top hehe)

Thanks to my colleague Joyce for the pic

 Thanks to my colleague Kaye for the pic

I also prepared onion, mushroom and spring onion omelette with paprika. I used Aileen's Green Pan, I love that non-stick pan! You don't need to use as much oil when cooking, actually you don't even need oil at all but I used a bit of olive oil.


Happy healthy eating! Our team's next turn is on August or September I think. Any ideas? :-)

2 comments:

Aikko said...

Love love love the muffins! I know those liners! They came from Ikea don't they? I box of these in my cabinet. For your next turn... hmmm... croissants perhaps?

Shan Abellaneda said...

hehe thanks! Yup they're from Ikea! wow sharp eyes :-) hmmm croissant sounds good and challenging, never tried them :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails