Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye to 2010 and a HUGE HELLO to 2011!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Another year has passed... As I've posted on my FB status, "A little bit older, a little bit rounder (or shall I say MUCH MUCH rounder haha) and hopefully a little bit wiser". Looking back at 2010 makes me realize how blessed I am. There are a lot of things I am grateful for - the love of family and friends most especially.

I had the opportunity to travel to new places this year, meet new friends, eat new food (haha), watch new films, and gain more weight haha. I know, not necessarily a laughing matter. I was looking back through my 2010 new year's resolutions and it's funny how I forgot them faster than it took me to think of them. Oh well.

It's sad I haven't been able to update this blog as much as I want to. Previously, I brought home my office laptop but since I started my new job last August, I rarely get to do so. So my first resolution for 2011 is to religiously update this blog and get a personal laptop once and for all. Which I am contemplating to do first thing tomorrow morning hahaha. EXCITED! :)

On a more serious note: Yesterday, I found out the wife of my brother's close friend tragically passed away. See story below:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/metro/view/20101229-311535/DZIQ-Package-bomb-blast-kills-woman-in-Taguig

When I was in Manila for the holidays, I even spoke to her briefly when I saw her at the Fort. I really couldn't believe it when my mom told me about this. First time I read this news article, it never crossed my mind that it was her. So you can just imagine my shock when I learned it was her, though I wasn't exactly close to her unlike my brother or his friends. It's very painful and tragic when someone you know passes away. It made me realize how fragile and unexpected life can be. It really pays to take each opportunity to tell your loves ones how much you love them. I truly pray for her soul. And justice to their family for a quick resolution on this case.


Anyway, I wish each and everyone of you (Yes, all of you my 3 or so readers hehehe) the best of luck, love, health and life in 2011! Credits to my brother for the awesome picture (above) which he took when he was here in SG for the holidays last year. Darn, I turned 30 this year! So, it's definitely one of the most memorable years! :)

1 comment:

Tan Ban Hoe said...

Hope to see more blogging from you soon... Happy New Year in Advance!

Related Posts with Thumbnails