Saturday, December 27, 2008

DAY 1 - Philippines Trip, Dec 19-28, 2008


At the airport, the feast already started. Zach was craving for Popeye's and he insisted we have 6 pieces. Popeye's actually quite good but I still prefer KFC.

Below are the pics I gathered on my first day in Manila. From the plane to the happenings.


The Menu for Philippine Airlines Business Class. I chose the Grilled Beef Tenderloin.


The measly appetizer. Some kind of tuna on skewers.


While I was waiting for the main course, I took some shots of the seats. Very spacious seat pitch.


The LCD display from my arm rest since I was on the front row.

Main Course # 1. Good thing the guy beside me was sleeping and didn't want to eat, else I would have been embarrassed to take pictures hehe.


Main Course #2. I was impressed with the presentation and table setting. Though of course the serving was very small.

That same night, we had our Abellaneda Clan Reunion/Christmas Party at our condo's clubhouse, organized by my beautiful mom - Mommy Grace.


There was so much food and I was so happy there was Pancit Malabon - a filipino noodle dish that I was craving for.



Of course, Lechon (Whole Roasted Pig) is a staple in any filipino feast. It was gone in 5 minutes haha.

My step sister, Janice, hosted the event. She used to be a Philippine Airline flight attendant when she was younger.


Abellaneda Clan

The party ended around 1am and we hung out at home till around 3am. On our way to drive Farida (my brother's GF) home, we spontaneously decided to drop by the Famous/Original Aristocrat along Roxas Boulevard.




Apart from the chicken barbeque, Aristocrat is also famous for their Baked goods. Their chocolate cake and ensaymada are to die for!

Sinful but heavenly!

Puto bumbong & Bibingka are staple desserts during "Simbang Gabi" - (Night Masses) practiced in the Philippines, this custom lasts for nine days, starting on December 16 up to December 24, during which Filipinos attend dawn masses, usually starting at around 4:00-5:00 a.m.


I got so excited with the chicken barbecue, as I haven't had these in years, that I forgot to take a pic of the entire serving, haha.

Look at the next blog entries for the succeeding days in my Philippines Trip...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails