Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salt


Angelina Jolie plays Evelyn Salt, a CIA officer who swore an oath to duty, honour, and country. When she is accused by a defector of being a Russian sleeper spy, Salt goes on the run. Using all her skills and years of experience as a covert operative, she must elude capture and protect her husband or the world's most powerful forces will erase any trace of her existence. (http://sg.movies.yahoo.com/Salt/movie/15433/)

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and all I can say is Angelina Jolie rocks! I couldn't think of any other female actress who can pull off this movie, to think that it was supposedly meant for Tom Cruise.

I'm sure what I'm about to say will raise a lot of eyebrows but I liked this movie more than Inception. Yes, it was also a bit confusing but not as mind-boggling as Inception. I guess I was too enamored with the action scenes that I didn't catch some of the details - thank god my friend explained it to me haha. I love how the movie came together in the end but you do have to note the details along the way (e.g the spider, the russian school, etc).


There's a few things though that I still don't understand in the movie:
1) What has the North Korean torture scene got to do with the story? Why was she tortured anyway? Or did they just want to show how she met her husband?
2) And how could her husband have saved her from the North Korean prison in the first place?

Anyone please enlighten me?? hehe.

Anyway, still a great movie. My rating for Salt is 4.5/5.0.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails